Saturday, March 29, 2014

Springtimes-a-Comin!

Little Seeds Lie Fast Asleep
Little seeds lie fast asleep In a row, in a row. 
“Wake up, wake up,” calls the sun, “Wake up now and grow."
Little seeds wake one by one In a row, in a row.
Then they stretch up t’ward the sun And be - gin to grow.

YAY FOR: 
Roommates who drive me to Walmart for Seeds, 
Bishop's who give me Cow Poop, 
Egg-cartons, "pop"bottles, Gatorade bottles, 
Strawberry containers, and diced Jalapenos :) 

I made Egg-carton planters and thought it would be even cooler to make them into greenhouses! I taped and stapled a gallon bag to the cut-out top of the lid. Boom Greenhouse. In the big on I planed carrot seeds(the one with the eggshells for later transplanting) and the smaller one I planted lettuce seeds. We'll see if they work...

 In the toilet paper rolls that I collected from our trash like every day!! I cut and folded the bottoms so I can later transplant them to pots. And what am I growing?? Peas!! YAY I want them to grow fast so I can move them outside when the weather gets warm and grow up the railing outside my apartment. 







I also decided to try regrowing food from leftover scraps. I so far have a romaine lettuce and a celery. They just started to sprout!! 



I am also getting way too excited for spring and to see my family so soon I am counting down the days until school is over and I have a much needed break. 

1 comment: